Do I need to book a walk in advance?
- No - just get to the start or meeting point by the published time.
- The leader will ask you to add your name to the list of walkers.
Where do you meet to start the walks?
- The starting point for each walk is published as an OS grid reference in the Walks Programme. You can either make your own way directly there, or alternatively for Sunday Walks there is a suggested time to meet for car-sharing/lifts. If in doubt, phone the Walk Leader.
How fit do I have to be?
- Come along on one of our shorter walks and see how you go
What will it cost me?
- The walks are free.
- If you are not already a member of The Ramblers you will be expected to join
How fast do you walk?
- As a rule of thumb we cover about 2 to 2½ miles per hour. Stops are at the leader’s discretion
When and how far do you walk?
- For walks details see our Walks Programme.
Where do you walk?
- Mainly in the countryside but with some walks in the Greater London area.